Beta Be Prepared
Raise your hand if you're not a route follower. Same.
R E C A P
The intimate climbing space within Walker Memorial offered a no-frills yes-thrills type of climbing experience. Here are a list of things I now have an appreciation for (not to be confused with a mastery of):
1) The colored routes serve a purpose -- don't mix and match.
2) Handholds are different than footholds -- use them accordingly.
3) Plan your Beta (i.e., sequence of movements through the route) before you start climbing.
4) Upper body strength is necessary -- no amount of chalk dust will substitute.
5) The downhill descent requires careful execution -- see below.
Isn't she a rockstar?!
U P N E X T
There is no MPM event this week. Stay tuned for summertime moshing!